Friday, April 30, 2010

Geek Mythology



It may have become obvious in previous posts, but for those who do not understand my lingo;
I am a Geek.
Both my Mother and My Father are oober Geeks.... Each in their own, unique way, but none the less Geeky. Yes, we are aware of SteamPunk, and Stargate, and Outer Limits. Yes, we watch Doctor Who, and Doctor Horrible. Yes, my Mother is a Civil War historian, my Father is Tall, Dark, Slightly Neanderthal and Scottish.

But I am my
own kind of Geek altogether.
Since the age of eight, I have been studying Greek, Norse, and some Celtic Mythology. Just a year ago, I finished the entire Mythology section of our towns local library (note: only the listed above! some Mythologies are just
too weird).
I thought being a Geek couldn't get any better!
Until I discovered Crytozoology. And the Faery. And Aliens. And Shakespeare.
And I can honestly say my story plots improved greatly after my Mother introduced me to Charles DeLindt, and Jennifer Robinson.

I write stories about a island in an alternate dimension from ours, adrift in a sea of liquid sky topaz..... An island called Imaga World.
It has Centaurs, and Satyrs, and Minotaurs, and Faery, and Dragons, and all sorts of other goodies. I am also writing a set of stories about a land called LinDante, which follows the life of a fourteen year old girl named Tianna Thresh. unlike Imaga World, this is a more Northerly country of dark, cold waters, Selkie, Banshee
storms, and Faery gates.
Indeed, I am a scribe of many things.

I hope to be able to post my stories in the future!
until then, keep dreaming! Lady Anne of the Island of Imaga World ~*~

P.S.

just for fun, I'll list all the creatures I have learned about over the years!

  1. Centaur
  2. Minotaur
  3. Satyr
  4. Faun
  5. Nymph
  6. Nyaad
  7. Dryad
  8. Siren
  9. Merfolk
  10. Sea Serpent
  11. Western Dragon
  12. Eastern Dragon
  13. Fire Serpent
  14. Northern Wyrm
  15. Griffin
  16. Hypogriff
  17. Elves (think LOTR.)
  18. Elfs
  19. Dwarves
  20. Gnomes
  21. Kelpie
  22. Talking Beasts
  23. Trolls
  24. Goblins
  25. Vampires
  26. Werewolves
  27. Pooka
  28. Sphinx
  29. Hydra
  30. Manticore
  31. Gorgons
  32. Ghouls
  33. Spirits
  34. Sprites
  35. Unicorns
  36. Pegasus
  37. Pixies
  38. Fairies
  39. Moths (me and my Dad made up a cool race of faery-moths.)
  40. Giants
  41. Harpy
  42. Ogre
  43. Chimera

Anyhow, I am a Geek, and hope to continue to be one my whole life.
Regards,
BethAnne




No comments:

Post a Comment